Ruby Developer (m/f/d)
We are a startup that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. PhraseApp automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide.
Software development is your passion and you’re especially keen on developing web applications in Ruby? You want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier? Then join our team!
What will I be doing?
- As a full-stack engineer you will work on advancing our entire platform (API, Command Line Tools, IDE plugins and much more) with a strong focus on Ruby but also with other technologies such as Go, Elm, Elasticsearch etc.
- Always use best practices in your code as well as mentoring others to do the same
- Think creatively and work outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- Work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- Share your knowledge in regular Brown Bag sessions
- Follow and improve our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployment
- Take part in pair programming and code-reviews to optimize our code quality
What skills do I need?
- Experienced in building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant code with unit and integration tests
- Familiar with git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functional) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German big plus)
- Motivation to help shape our team and our product and take responsibility
What does PhraseApp offer?
- We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market to make life of other developers much easier
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We like working together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped, but without the hassle over arbitrary deadlines. After a productive day we all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures
Please apply here via our contact form. If you have any questions, Mariana will be happy to help. We are looking forward to getting to know you!