Ruby Developer (m/f/d)
We are a growing SaaS company that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. PhraseApp automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide. We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market and are looking for a passionate team member, who is especially keen on developing web applications in Ruby. If you want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier, then join our team!
What will I be doing?
- As a full-stack engineer (m/f/d) you will work on advancing our entire platform (API, Command Line Tools, IDE plugins and much more) with a strong focus on Ruby but also with other technologies such as Go, Elasticsearch etc.
- You use best practices in your code as well as mentoring others to do the same
- You think creatively and work outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- You work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- You share your knowledge in regular Brown Bag sessions
- You follow and improve our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployment
- You take part in pair programming and code-reviews to optimize our code quality
What skills do I need?
- Experienced in building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant code with unit and integration tests
- Familiar with git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functional) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (bonus points for German)
- Motivation to help shape our team and our product and take responsibility
What does PhraseApp offer?
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups, meetups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We prefer output over attending long meetings
- We work together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped and have ambitious goals but after a productive day we all enjoy having time for life’s other pleasures
- We provide a budget for attending conferences and cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for team members
We are looking forward to getting to know you!