Head of Development (m/f/d)
We are a growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company from Hamburg. PhraseApp enables software creators to offer their digital products to a global audience. Our developer-friendly product helps teams to speed up their translation process through smart automation. Since our founding in 2012, we’ve already attracted many successful software companies, startups, and international brands as customers.
In this position, you will provide technical leadership to our software developers. You will be responsible for creating and sustaining a lasting and fast moving team to build the future of software localization for our customers and software developers worldwide. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can roll up the sleeves and likes to engage in team performance and hiring.
What will I be doing?You are responsible for keeping our platform sustainable and scalableTogether with your counterpart, the head of product, you make our product the best one out thereYou provide technical leadership to our developers and answer for on-time delivery of featuresYou extend the development team and engage in hiring processesYou coach your team to improve quality and performanceYou ensure agility in technology and architectureYou manage the outsourcing of projects
What skills do I need?
- You have hands-on experience in web development
- You bring extensive experience with web- technologies, especially Ruby on Rails
- You already had the chance to gain experience in a technical leadership position
- You love working with teams of developers
- You enjoy guiding and making decisions to ensure our scalability
- You are an excellent communicator inside and outside your team
- Profound language skills in English (verbal and written), German would get you a big bonus
What does PhraseApp offer?
- We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market to make the life of developers easier
- We follow the Holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We strive for goal-oriented alignment of all teams based on the OKR approach (Objectives and Key Results)
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community (user groups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We prefer output over attending long meetings
- We work together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped and have ambitious goals but after a productive day we all enjoy having time for life’s other pleasures
- We provide a budget for attending conferences
- We cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for employees